- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium sized ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- 11 ounces chocolate chips (i used almost entire 12 ounce chocolate chip packet)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- I followed the recipe on joy of baking..
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another bowl..
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix it well, so that you get an even mix, no streaks should be seen
- Pour the batter in greased baking tray...the consistency is quite fluid, do not worry :)
- Bake it at 350 F for 35- 40min (till the knife come come out clean), check once at 30 min and then keep an eye on it...if you see the edges shrinking in then it also indicates cake is done...
- the cake looks quite dark depending on which chocolate you are using, so do not think you burnt it...i did think that when I first took the cake out of oven...
- I used a springform pan (the only pan I had, so didnt invert the pan, but I guess its safe to do it once the cake has cooled off.
For the Ganache:
- heat the cream and butter on stove/ microwave till the mix just begins to boil
- then pour the mix on chocolate chips and mix it well, till chocolate chips have melted and forms a uniform mix, let it cool...
- then whisk it with a whip to make it light and fluffy spread it over the cooled cake with a spatula...
feel like making some as I write this post...its super yummy....try it..
Happy Baking :) :)