tomatillo avocado salsa

This is one of the easiest and best salsa i have found....i googled it coz one of my mexican friends from my dental school said she makes this salsa instead of guacamole as it lasts many days...i love the verde salsa myself, and this one is quicker as it doesn't involve boiling or roasting tomatillo...

i found this recipe on youtube that i love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kYoG5gyWQk
she has have ingredients in english at the bottom of her description.
I followed the recipe almost exactly other than reducing the quantity as i would have too much salsa on my hands if I used 1 lb tomatillo and made this salsa..

Ingredients:

  1. 10 small to medium tomatillo
  2. 1/2 avocado (medium size)
  3. 3 serrano peppers
  4. 1 clove garlic
  5. a small piece of onion
  6. a handful of cilantro
  7. salt to taste
Method:
chop veggies in big pieces as needed by the blender
put everything in the blender
and its ready to enjoy with your favourite mexican dish :)

Notes:
i started with 1 serrano pepper and then added more till it reached the spice level i liked
I made this recently without cilantro as I didnt want to go to grocery store just for it while social distancing and it turned out pretty good!!

Comments