Stir fry Asparagus


Asparagus is one of the veggies I love, and even though its not a traditional indian vegetable I make it with Indian spices, and I love it!! I ate this style for the first time at my aunt’s home, who has been in USA over 30 years now, and she makes all American veggies like broccoli, zucchini, asparagus etc indian style. As you might have guessed the asparagus is my favorite recipe.

It’s a super easy and quick recipe. The only drawback is if this is the only thing you are making for a meal you’ll need a lot of Asparagus. You may add potato if you like, but I usually don’t do it.

Ingredients:
  1. 500 g chopped asparagus
  2. 1 teaspoon Ajvain (Carom seeds)
  3. 3-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  4. ¼ tsp turmeric
  5. ½ tsp chilly powder
  6. 1 tsp cumin coriander powder
  7. Oil to saute
  8. Salt to taste

Method:
  • In pan, Saute carom seeds and garlic, once garlic are slightly browned, add chopped asparagus and salt to taste, cover it let it cook, if you feel asparagus is getting burned, add some water, just enough for the asparagus to cook.
  • Once asparagus is semi cooked add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilly powder and 1 tsp cumin coriander powder and stir everything together.  
  • Saute everything for a few minutes and take it off the flame.
  • You can eat it with roti.
Printable Version: Stir fry Asparagus

Comments