Happy Father's Day :)

As I sit to pen few words for my dad...I wonder where to begin..
A man of few words, my dad is the silent types. we (me and my sister) have always known how much he loves us.he always calls us his "dhingli" which means dolls...his presence always a silent strength..
but since I have been in USA and married, I have felt his presence in my life even more...
after the wedding, my dad told my husband privately "take care of my daughter"
when my husband told me this, i was like seriously??? I cant believe my dad said it, if my mom would have said it, i would not be surprised (those knowing my parents will understand why I am saying this)...
I mean, of course my husband is a good guy and he will take care of me, it is understood...
but the fact that, my dad said that meant the world to me....
there have been times, when I have not been sure of anything...
when doubts creep in, but I know one thing.
There is one man who wont let anything go wrong in my life...
who i can go to at any point, under any circumstances, for whom nothing matters more than my smile.
these years apart have taught a lot...made me realize a lot of things which I always took for granted...
(of course, this includes my ma too...)
i know that these two people will stand like a rock before something even touches me...
love you dad and mom...
will always be your little girl for you...Happy Father's day

While I am writing about my dad, i would like to mention my 2nd dad...my father-in-law...he is a simple man with a heart of gold...he brings a smile on my face just by his mere presence. he will listen to me than his son, he will make me a part of any important decision making process. wake up in middle of night to skype with me. he offers to help me in kitchen when I cook, insists on helping as I politely refuse. other family members tell me that his face lights up just by the mention of my name..when I am around him i feel as if i am his daughter....he and mom are a huge support too..

I am thankful to God to have blessed me with two sets of amazing parents...miss you all

Comments