Eggless Banana chocolate chip loaf

 My sister first made this version of my banana loaf. I tried it a few days back as mom doesn't eat eggs, and it turned out so great, that my husband asked me to make exact same cake for his office potluck. I doubled the recipe and made 1 loaf and some cupcakes. This was so appreciated by his co-workers and I  had a few recipe requests, that I decided to give this recipe its own space on my blog :)

Ingredients:
  1. 3 ripe bananas 
  2. 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  3. 3/4 cup sugar
  4. 1/2 tsp salt
  5. 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  6. 1 tsp baking soda
  7. 1 tsp vanilla
  8. 3/4 cup chocolate chips (semi sweet or bitter as per preference)
Method:
  • in a large bowl, whisk vegetable oil and mashed bananas.
  • add vanilla, baking soda, salt and sugar mix well
  • add flour mix well to form an even consistency batter, do not overmix. 
  • lastly add chocolate chips
  • Preheat the oven for 350 deg F
  • grease the baking dish/ loaf dish with butter and flour it. (sprinkle some flour on the baking dish and rotate it so that a thin layer of flour sticks to the butter all around the baking dish, do this keeping the baking tray over the sink so that excess flour falls in the sink.)
  • Pour the batter in the baking dish and bake it for 55-60 min or till the knife comes out clean
  • I had to bake it much longer than the one with egg for the loaf to be cooked completely and to have a clean knife, so you might be worried to burn it, but it will be fine. Also, I finally shut off oven and let the loaf sit in the warm oven for 10 min before getting it out to cool.
  • Let it cool for ten minutes, then you can invert it on a plate.
Note: For cupcake version of this, I used the same recipe, baked it for 350 deg F for 15-20 min.












Printable version: Eggless Banana chocolate chip loaf

Comments