Mushroom is one of my favourite veggies. I found this recipe on youtube and this is a great recipe for beginners as well. Not a lot of spices needed either. link to the youtube video is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesVg5Nld1g
- 500 gm Mushrooms
- 1 large onion
- 2 medium tomatoes pureed
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2-3 dried red chilly
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp ginger
- 1 green chilly
- salt to taste
- Oil to saute
- Roast coriander seeds and red chillies for a 2-3 min, you should get a nice roasted smell. once cooled powder it.
- take some oil, add the cumin, once cumin is browned, add onions.
- Saute onions, ginger paste and garlic paste, add some salt.
- Once onion is translucent, add the spice powder, let the mix roast for a bit.
- then add green chillies and tomato puree.
- let the tomatoes get cooked, all the water dried off,
- then add mushrooms.
- once mushrooms are cooked, add garam masala.
- thats it!
Coriander powder and chilly powder can be used in case coriander seeds aren't handy.