well i do like to challenge my culinary skills every now and again....and a couple of weeks back, i decided to make the seemingly impossible cheese cake....little bit of research on google and i realized that the task wasnt as difficult as i had anticipated...even then i was nervous if i would get the consistency and texture right..well i did get it right..and so here is the recipe :)
for the base:
for the base:
- 1 1/2 cup honeymaid cracker crumbs (u can grind Parle G or marie...be sure to add more sugar if u are using marie biscuit)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- cinnamon powder (for flavor)
- mix the crumbs, sugar, cinnamon powder and melted butter till is form an even consistency mix....then using a spoon press the mixture in the baking dish..it should be 1/2 " thickness...pre heat the oven at 325 degree F....bake the crust for ten min........
- 16 ounces (2 packet) cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Beat eggs, add sugar, vanilla, salt, lemon juice, mix well....add cheese and blend everything well...if u not using an electric beater u can use ur mixture as well (i used it)
- Pour it over the crust and Bake for 55 min at 325 deg F or until the knife comes clean at the sides
- you notice that the middle is still loose but that will set when cooled.
- After 55 switch the oven off...but keep the cake in the oven till it cools down..if u remove it out immediately it might crack....(mine did..) once it is room temperature, refrigerate it for 4 hours or overnight...
- decorate with strawberries or fresh fruits while serving...you can add strawberry topping
Its really easy to make this...and very very tasty....trust me...everyone loved it :)
Song of the day: ainvayi ainvayi from band baaja baraat...love the music, words and dance...