the wedding vows....

Writing the seven wedding vows that are taken in hindu wedding cerermony….i think they are incredibly romantic and beautiful and touching and they cover all the possible corners….got two versions of them…..the core is the same but words slightly different…nevertheless writing both of them

The seven steps :

All your pleasures and all your pain ,you will divide with me…for where you are there I will be….i take this first step with you

Your family and its interests I will protect…where you are unhappy I will not be satisfied… I take this second step with you

Forever devoted to you and to religious duties I will be and to remain sweet and even tempered…. I take this third step with you…

I share your joys and sorrows…opposed to your oppressors I will remain…I will abide by your wishes…..i take this fourth step with you

I will await your physical needs and not engage with other in such deeds…. I take this fifth step with you

May this fire the spark of lord be witness ,I will be committed to honesty….never will I cheat on you either in words or in deed and this I honour in sixth step…

By health , in humane ,religious work I will be ready to lessen suffering and promote human good with this I take this seventh step with you….



The second version :

With the promise to nourish each other , I take this first step with you

With determination to grow together in strength physical , mental & spiritual , I take this second step with you

With the promise to preserve our wealth and prosperity , I take this third step with you

With the vow to serve you with happiness and harmony , I take this fourth step with you

With the promise to care for our healty and long lived children , I take this fifth step with you.

With the vow to be together in all responsibilities ,I take this sixth step with you.

With the promise of everlasting friendship and true companionship ,I take this seventh step with you

Comments

Nachi said…
ok...wedding vows??? something is a cooking. what exactly i know not...

stop scaring me! i thought we had talked about this before. what about all that??

...koi mil gaya kya??

:)
no re...koi nahi mila abhi tak.......jus felt like writing it so i wrote them....