Who am I today?

"Who am I today"? I ask
and I wonder if I'll ever know;
I know the past has shaped me now,
Though the past was long ago.
The little moments form a blur,
The times both happy and sad,
All the people I once knew,
And the things I used to have.
They all helped me to become
Where,what and who I am now,
And everything has influenced me
Though I'm not sure exactly how.
But I'm thankful for the memories,
From everyone I've ever met -
People I miss and people I love,
Even people I'd like to forget.
For these memories have helped me grow,
They've made me calm , yet strong,
And now there's a story to my life,
That they've been writing all along.
So,thank you for the memories,
Without them , who would I be ?-
Because somewhere in my memories
Are the things that define me.
-Author unknown

Comments