Eggless chocolate chip cookie

I have been craving a cookie or brownie since a few days, I wanted to try egg less versions just because I wanted to build my eggless recipe collection as of my friends and family dont eat eggs.
I even had a different recipe book marked but then today as I got ready to make my batch of cookies, i noticed that the recipe I was gonna try needed softened butter and I didnt have that. So I made a quick research into cookies that required "melted butter" :) I found this recipe on baking mischief, which I decided to convert it to eggless version using corn starch and water like I had in my chocolate turtle cookie recipe couple years ago. Yes, I confess, I have not baked cookies successfully many times and so I dont make them often, however now I am encouraged to make more cookies after this recipe.

Ingredients:

2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tbsp corn starch + 2 tbsp water mixture
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Method:
  • Preheat Oven to 350 deg F
  • Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl.
  • Whisk together melted butter, brown sugar  and sugar for a couple of minutes, add vanilla and water-corn starch mixture and whisk some more..
  • Add the dry ingredients in small batches to the butter-sugar mix till combined. once most of it comes together, I kneaded it with my hand to form a soft dough.
  • fold the chocolate chips in the dough. Chill for 5 min
  • make small balls with dough and bake for 10-12 minutes
  • Enjoy!!
Note:
I chilled the dough for 5-7 min, but the original recipe did not mention chilling. 
My cookies turned out slightly thick and chewy!

Printable version: eggless chocolate chip cookie





Comments