This post has been long overdue....I was inspired by my friend Gauri to make cupcakes...She posted so many pretty pics of cupcakes on facebook, I kept craving to have them...and of course the baker in me stopped me from buying them from superstores...so couple of weekends earlier I undertook the "cupcake project". I tried my hand at dark chocolate cupcake, eggless banana chocolate cupcake, and banana chocolate chip cupcake...I also perfected my chocolate ganache and tried yummy dark chocolate frosting.
|Dark Chocolate with dark chocolate frosting|
Dark Chocolate frosting:
8 ounces cream cheese softened at room temperature
1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
1/2 cup cocoa powder (i used dark cocoa powder)
2 cup confectioners' sugar
beat the cheese and butter until smooth and add sugar, beat further until mixed well, add cocoa powder and combine everything together...
Eggless banana chocolate cupcake:
|Eggless banana chocolate cupcake with dark chocolate frosting|
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 medium sized ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 tsp vanilla
- Mix dry ingredients in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another bowl..
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix it well, so that you get an even mix, no streaks should be seen
- Pour the batter in cupcake tray...the consistency is quite fluid, do not worry :)
- Bake for 15 min at 350 deg F....keep an eye on it after ten min...Check with knife or toothpick to see if it is done.
|chocolate cupcake with chocolate ganache|
- ½ cup choc chips
- ¼ cup + 1tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar.
- heat the cream and butter on stove/ microwave till the mix just begins to boil
- then pour the mix on chocolate chips and mix it well, till chocolate chips have melted and forms a uniform mix, let it cool...
- then whisk it with a whip to make it light and fluffy spread it over the cooled cake with a spatula...
- This time I whipped it for 15 min (i use whip it with a regular beater not an electric one)