cream of asparagus

one of my favourite soups since i was a kid.....i used to wait for my aunt from UK to get the packets of cream of asparagus.....so while I am in US, anytime I see a bundle of tender asparagus, I just buy them and give myself a special treat....and everyone I am with loves this soup too...so you should definitely give it a try if you can get your hands on tender asparagus sticks..

Ingredients:

  1. 1 bunch chopped asparagus 
  2. 1 medium sized chopped onion 
  3. 3 pods crushed garlic
  4. 1 tsp butter
  5. 2 tbsp cream
  6. salt to taste
  7. pepper to taste
  8. any herbs for seasoning (i used parsley and fresh basil, i am proud owner of a basil plant)
Method:
  • chop off the blunt thick one inch of the asparagus....chop the rest of it in one inch lengths...keep some of the tender tips aside for seasoning...
  • in a saucepan, melt some butter, add garlic, asparagus and salt....after a couple of minutes add the onions....once the onions r tender, add the herbs, pepper and then water...let everything cook together and then once the asparagus are completely cooked, blend it in a blender...then pour the soup in saucepan again, add cream...taste, if necessary add more salt, pepper and herbs...bring it to boil and then turn off the flame.
  • in  a separate pan, saute asparagus tips in butter,salt and some herbs..
  • add these tips to the soup or in bowls as you serve...
happy cooking :)

Comments

Oh! how delicious it would be! I wanna check it out!
http://travelingattraction.blogspot.com
Brooke's Bliss said…
This looks so yummy! I would love to make this... I love how detailed your posts are! Would love to follow each other.. let me know if you'd like to!
xoxo,
http://brookesbliss.blogspot.com/