apology..

one of the most underestimated weapon (for the lack of a better word)...its hard to be angry on someone after hearing a heartfelt apology...and the best part is, the words are so powerful and healing that most of the bitter and harsh words are forgotten...and both the people feel better, the one who apologizes and the who is the receiver of the apology...
     i heard somewhere, a lot of law suits can be avoided by something as simple as saying "you are sorry"
it might take a toll on people's ego though...coz a lot of people believe that they never make a mistake...and apologizing also means that you admit you made a mistake...accepting their mistake is what hurts most people more than saying sorry...
    but isnt accepting mistake, saying sorry, and moving beyond a issue better and more fun that ruminating some unpleasant event in your life..and why is saying sorry more difficult to people who know you and are close to u...you dont mind saying sorry to a stranger on the street u accidently bump into...but you certainly have a problem when its your family or close friend..coz you expect them to understand you and your actions....so even if you knew you made a mistake, you expect them to understand you made a mistake coz had a bad day at work or study or whatever....
    but instead of assuming they know why you yelled..you can say sorry and that i had a problem at work and so i yelled at u...this is gonna make everyones life simpler.....look within yourself..introspect.... dont u feel a lot better when your friend apologized....and most times u too say sorry for reacting badly...
    all in all...heard this nice quote somewhere "apologizing doesnt always mean you are wrong, it just means you value the person more than your ego"

song of the day: Hard to say I am sorry by westlife

Comments

A.A.T.A.M.I said…
yeah...so true.Sometimes I really feel that we take our close ones for granted.I always feel the extent to which I m polite to my others,I m not that polite wit my close ones.But then I feel they know how I am and I need not prove them..we have an understanding..one I love to have with them..jus hanging with them thinking not about sorrys or thank yous but jus smiles and tear, angers and laughs, fun and fear.Comparing all these, for me sorry means nothing...And u know what..I want it that way..it gives me a feeling that der is someone I always can get back too, someone I can always hold on to..my eyes saying everything and a blink replying everything..not jus sorry but something more than that.