distant dream...

its nice to hear ur voice,
feels good to hear u laugh,
its difficult not being able to hold ur hand.....
its very difficult when i cant reach out to u...
never imagined life could be so cruel....
but if u promise u there at the end of tunnel..
i can walk thru the storm n face the thunder to come to u..
i dont mind the silence,
i dont mind the distance,
if i know at the end of the road u waiting for me.....
the road seems unsurmountable
very steep and high,
m afraid to look down,
feel dizzy of the heights,
i know u there not to catch me now, or to hold me now
but is the hope there,
that someday u ll stand by me if we make it thru...
its tough wading thru the ocean,
the tides are against us,
nothing seems right except the tiny flicker of light at the end...
i want to believe in rainbows,
and i want to find my pot of gold..
it seems like a mirage though
like a distant dream..
waiting for the sun to come up,
and waiting for the snow to melt,
so that the earth can nourish the seed,
and the help the leaves to uncurl....

came up with this poem after reading a forward!!!!!!!!
its not a peom actually, coz none of the words rhyme..LOL....
and i was never into writing poems or songs...
jus giving it a shot!!!!!!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
That's a gr8 non rhyming... but rhythmic poem..... gr8 choice of words ... :)
hey thanks!!!!!!!!keep coming back n commenting...its motivating to know people read n like what i write :)
A.A.T.A.M.I said…
distant dreams....the last stanza made me remember something...in school days once our teacher asked us all to draw a picture depicting what does freedom means to you..and I had drawn a lone boy walking up a road towards the pot of gold which was at the end of a rainbow and sun rising behind it...hehe..I really don't know why I drew that but now I feel for freedom for must have been to achieve what we dream of.
The teacher told my personality traits from that picture of mine..day-dreamer , wants to enjoy luxurious life ,optimistic,loyal n..something more but cant remember now. This was an incident that changed my life.
wow...i cant imagine i wrote something u cud connect with...thanks for sharing the incident...feels real good