my 25th birthday......

its not everyday one turns quarter of a century, so the day is bound to be special....and luckily for me this was one of my bestest (best is not superlative enough) birthday....most memorable ones...and its thanks to my family and friends who made it special :)

celebrations had begun the previous night itself....we bought two nice tops...my mom was like u should wear new clothes on ur bday :)
i had made plans to meet chitra mohini and rehana for lunch....so she was like and u goin out too...i thought one was enough but my mom insisted we buy two...after that we went and bought ice cream (chocolate mocha fudge) to eat at stroke of 12...of course we cud not wait till then so we had it right after dinner only :)

then after dinner i was busy searching for my favorite movie scenes to put on my blog :)
phone calls started coming from one hour before my bday itself...my poor friends and cousins who cud not keep awake till 12 :)

got rehana's call at 10 45 pm....ushma's sms around 11...and mithila's call by 11 30....and chitra called at 11 55...she was like m so so sleepy i cud not wait for 5 more min...we spoke for 5 min and then i told her to sleep...then came anu's call (little did i know back then that she was planning to come visit me all the way from powai)...very soon came rujudidi's call....rushika wished me too...she speaks so sweetly now....the way she said "rhythmmasi happy birthday" was so cute

then came smses till 12 15...arshad..himali..mrunali...aditya...i fell asleep by 12 30 i think...i was really tired after staring at the computer screen for almost 2 hours....

as i opened my eyes in morning i saw a beautiful bouquet of rose and orchids on my table....so the first thing i saw were the flowers....i had not expected it to be there right at 8 am...

then i got dressed...wore my brand new top....went to ribbons and balloons to buy pasteries for my sir and assistants....wanted to call dr basrur too...he comes sometimes in clinic...pulls my leg but enlivens the place....i really wanted to share my bday with him....but i thought he might be busy with some case.....i took a chance gave him a call....and it was so sweet of him to come...we shared a very nice half an hour in clinic....

i left clinic at 12. 15 (earlier than usual) coz i had to go to dadar to meet chitra mona and rehana (thankfully we cud meet for my birthday...we cud not meet on chitra and rehana's bday..and mona's bday too its unlikely as it wud be soon after her wedding...so i am lucky we 4 cud meet on mine)...
but i had forgotten home keys...so i had to go back to hospital...collect keys from mom...and then i hurried to station....well as luck wud have it, the train came after 15 min....i was supposed to reach dadar by 1 30 and i reached at 2 30....coz the train was halting a lot in middle....other than this slight hiccup my day was superb.....

had nice lunch of lasagne,sizzler,enchilada (i know many cuisines combined)....we went to high street phoenix mall after lunch.....did time pass....sat in macdonalds till 5 40...then left...around that time the cell phone battery got discharged....so my phone got switched off....i reached home around 7 30...very very tired....and as soon as i put phone on charger calls started pouring in....

then mom dad came home and told me to get dressed for dinner.....and suddenly i heard the doorbell ring...i had no idea anu and milanjiju were coming....i was so stunned seeing them....we left for restaurant....and reaching there saw himali vinay and kedar with cake....i was totally overwhelmed and speechless.....my hands were shaky as i cut the cake....and i was making mistakes introducing my friends and family....it was so much fun....after dinner had paan....than managed to coax anu to stay overnight....

spoke with her till 2 am....called sahill to wish him....got to talk with sonumama and ba too....

also wat made this b'day really special other than the above mentioned stuff was the emails,smses and phone calls i got....got mails from raja ,palakdidi, tanvi,sujalben....phone calls from allwyn,vivekanand,macwin,dhaval,aakash,arunkaka,snehalkaki,shakil,noella,jiten, miliaunty,
apu(miliaunty's son)rushi,mohit,sudeep,varun,adarsh,shikha,,sapan,savibhabhi,ajubhai,
falguniaunty,vidhi(poor girl called me 4 times as my phone was not reachable)....shubu, called up at 2 am
(if i have forgotten a couple of names i am very very sorry)..
was not at all expecting nidhi and vibhooti to call from usa....so it was a pleasant surprise talking with them after a long long time....also got several scraps on orkut (sorry i cant mention evryone who scrapped me....but ur scraps made me feel very special...the fact that u folks took a minute out of ur day to visit my scrapbook and post ur wishes made me feel wonderful)
mails from saya,adrian and sapanjiju were unexpected too....

so on this b'day...got lots of unexpected visits...phones...emails.......
all in all one of my bestest birthdays......

song of the day: i am bitch..i am a lover by alanis morissette.....finally i put it up on my blog :)

Comments