happy birthday mithila....

Today my kid sister is turns 22……I can’t believe it how fast she has grown up…I know I know she is just three years younger than me….but my birthday each year does not affect me as much as hers…..i cant digest that at the end of six months she is going to be a doctor……when did she grow up so fast I ask myself….its as if things happened behind my back ,and now I am caught unawares……
she is my best friend….our names "rhythm and mithila" feel as if joined....like they were always meant to be together......that one can't exist without the other....just can't imagine how life would have been without her....she has been with me through thick and thin ,giving me support even at times when I was wrong and things backfired…..she did not give me a smug “I told u so lecture” at those times and would be by my side and make me lie down in the comfort of her lap......at times she has been like an older sister I have always wanted…..and she has been like an elder sister at times when I didn’t want one too :)
she may look more mature than me…behave more mature than me but still for me she remains my little sister who I feel like sheltering from the world even though she does not need it and maybe at times she is better off without me……but a kind of maternal instinct rises in me when she is in trouble or when I feel she might end up hurt….once a friend of mine in college told me one of his friends wanted to get introduced to her and I was like “dude back off….bachhi hai vo…don’t even look at her ok”….
Still remember some of our wonderful childhood memories where her innocence touched me even back then…..she was in 3rd standard I think and was supposed to be drawing earth with tilted axis…..she would keep drawing the axis line straight so her diagram not come properly……then she came to me and asked “rhythm ,maru earth vaaku nathi thatu , enne vaaku kavi rite banavu "(rhythm ,my earth appears straight only ,how do I make it tilted) and I burst into laughter and told her that your earth will not appear tilted till you draw the line tilted……..this is one my all time favourite memory….
She is someone who understands me best even if my thinking may not always be same as hers…..and somehow I have this need in me to explain my point of view to her coz I cant bear it if she gets me wrong…..many a times we say something but we actually mean something else but between the two of us we understand what the other is actually wanting to say……..its hilarious at times…… in a lot of ways we are very different ,as different as north and south poles but I am sure of one thing that we will be by each others side when required to be…..
miss her a lot as she is hostel…..looking forward to December when she will get free and when she can come home more often….feeling bad I cant be with her on her special day……next year hopefully we shall be together and celebrate her 23rd birthday together……its been long since we have spent family events in each others company…..miss you darling…..have a wonderful birthday…eat black forest ice cream from mayura…….we will go for your birthday shopping when you come home for janmastami..
Don’t know how to end this post as I can keep going on and on about her…or about us….the special relationship we have shared for 22 years now……..just want to thank god for bringing her into my life……have loved her dearly since the day she was born ,even though I might not have realized it at that time…….WISHING YOU A VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY…....MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND MAY ALL YOUR DREAMS AND WISHES COME TRUE……..MUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Comments

Anonymous said…
wishing her a vr happy belated b-day!!!
so nice to hear from u darling....
Anonymous said…
Hey bena!!! this is a reallly sweet bday gift.......thanks a lot n luv u loads tooo......