something abt rhythm...

I thought it wud be nice to write something abt myself…the way I see myself ,know myself….it wud help me I thought to understand the working of my mind better…..is it not said if u write down something thoughts r crystallised and understood better…….also I wud like to share some of my inner feelings abt myself with my relatives and friends (I guess they r the ones who read my blog…don’t think I have a lot of unknown people checking out my blog…so its safe I guess..and even if someone I don’t know reads it who cares……that’s me)

I am traditional..... I think its good to stand when ur teacher enters and leaves the classroom to show respect….i don’t like the way people eat in classrooms abroad…I feel wen we r in school studing ,learning there is certain amount of sanctity about the place……and that should be maintained and our behavior should be according…there is a time and place for everything…do we sit in canteen and study??? No na…we go to library to study….then how can we eat in class when lecturer is teaching??

I love going to school and meeting my teachers….

I think one must stand up and stop whatever they r doing whenever national anthem is being played…

I feel one must watch the presentation ceremony after any game as they felicitate the people who have entertained us the most during the game and one must stand up and applaud them for their talent, effort,achievement

I love the traditions that go with every festival…….it gives such nice break in routine and something to celebrate….i love all kinds of traditions…making rangoli and sweets in diwali…….playing with colours in holi….bursting crackers……doing puja on laxmi pujan day…..dancing in navratri…..going to friends place on Id and Christmas…..decorating the tree on Christmas (never have done it but love it)….buying gifts for family and friends during festivals….tying rakhi…making sweets for brother….getting gifts in return….watching others fly kites on maker sankranti….etc etc

I am not fashion conscious : somehow whats in vogue has never appealed to me….doing something just coz others r doing it does not feel right to me……if there is some new style which I don’t like I wont go out and buy similar outfit……and if I like a dress which is not in vogue but I like it I will continue wearing it……I will wear floaters with salwaar kameez if I am gonna travel in train or gotta walk a lot….i will do things that I am comfortable doing………I don’t mind wearing the same dress in different groups over and over again

I love shopping but I am not a great shopper…..anti thesis isn’t it…..but somehow when I have to buy for myself I am quite a miser…..the only thing I indulge in is books…..but otherwise where jewellery ,footwear ,accessories ,clothes, cosmetics for me r concerned I am a big time miser……I might spend on clothes once in a while but the rest of stuff I am a gone case with……I just need to have neutral shades of shoes, bags, make up and earrings…..which I can wear with most of my outfits….i need one of each for regular and party wear…and I mix and match it with most of my outfits with good results…..

When shopping for my loved ones, (friends and family) I go overboard…..i jus love to spend for them and i get happy…..thats wen I truly love shopping…thinking what they might like….wud truly enjoy using…..wud keep it with them……I guess I and tanvi share the same trait as whenever she comes from usa she gets very thoughtful gifts and not jus something……thanks tanvi for all the wonderful gifts u have got over all these years……..

I enjoy dentistry…….i feel good each time I give a nerve block successfully (which is evrytime coz we cant do root canal or extraction without giving anesthesia…but still evrytime I feel happy…and thankfully I have never till date given block in a wrong way)….feel good each time a child lets me work on him/her…or wen I successfully extract teeth…in short every procedure I do successfully I feel good and satisfied….

I love being photographed….it helps that I am photogenic :)….in fact sometimes I feel I look better in pictures than in person……also I love wen my sister takes my pictures ,she is a wonderful photographer…..

I love writing…someday I hope to write a book….huge dream I know but its something I really want to do…

i love eating chocolates and pasteries....when i m sad i eat peanut butter or chocolates....sometimes it works ,sometimes doesnt :(

I love pets…….i love watching my fishes swim in the aquarium……..for now m satisfied but someday I wud love to have a dog….

Amongst domestic chores I prefer cleaning vessels…..cooking….washing clothes…..

I do things which I feel right even though others might not do it like not littering on the roads…now my friends r careful not to throw wrappers and stuff on road when I m around ,else they know I wont spare them from my lecture…..

I care….sometimes more than I should…I happen to ask myself sometimes if I should care about others irrespective of the way they behave or I should behave the way others behave with me….but then my heart says whats the difference between u and that person if u behave the way u don’t like jus coz he/she behaves like that……sometimes feel tit for tat is good…but sometimes I feel my behavior should be my own action and not a reaction to someone elses behavior…..and then if I behave in a way I disapprove in others I, myself feel restless and uneasy……so anyways tit for tat does not work for me…does not make me happy so I tell myself “rhythm u act like u want to…the way u r happy…why lose your identity and mental peace if some loser is acting like a loser”

I like being there for my family and friends……I wud go out of my way for them if situation demands…

I love celebrating birthdays and anniversaries……I usually make a point to call or email my friends and family scattered all over the world to wish them…..

I am at home in a geeta gyan yagna as much I am at home in a dance party…….i enjoy learning what our scriptures have got to say….someday will learn more abt other religions too…but as they say “charity begins at home” similarly first u should have a sound knowledge of ur origins and it sure is interesting and practical too….after all there is something abt them else the swamijis would not be getting invited to talk abt scriptures in business houses and management schools……

I wud love to go out on midnight long drive sometime…….go for a walk on beach at night…..experiencing the night…feeling the quiet breeze ruffle my hair…..

I love talking….communicating……I have a certain need to express myself…my views ,opinions etc on various subjects if I have something substantial to talk about…maybe that’s why I enjoy blogging coz I can express my opinions on any subject…..

I hate gossip……I believe in letting someone be the way they r……not forcing my views on them….if someone thinks something is right it his opinion and I don’t mind it as long as he does not enforce them on me….so why shd I talk abt someone else’s opinion with someone else???? Live and let live yaar I feel…

I hate back stabbers..

Sometimes I feel its nice to acknowledge and appreciate someones effort even if it is not finally wat u expected it to be……or even if that person is expected to do so.confused?????? for eg : if someone is not a very good cook but tries a hand at something ….appreciate the effort put it…and if somebody is a good cook and cooks something really nice as expected ,appreciate it…compliment them

I trust easily……and thankfully my trust has not yet been broken by those I trust…

I like being in touch with my family and friends…..i don’t think jus coz someone has gone abroad its his or her moral duty to call those back home……once in a while people from india too can call…..

I am eternally thankful for those who discovered internet and making communication so easy amongst other advantages….

I love reading poems…….they r just so beautiful….

I love watching movies….

I love reading……

Love cooking (u folks might have guessed as much by now)….trying variety of cuisines…..

Guess shd stop now…………too long a post it is…….dont think anyone is gonna reach upto this sentence….

But if u have I appreciate your patience………thank u..

Comments

Tanvi said…
this is awesome.. I have the perfect gift for you the next time I come to India!
hey thanks yaar.........but m wondering wat the gift wud be???