relationship

I want my family to love me for what I m and not what I do

So said james marsden…m sure very few know him…he is an actor and he said the above words when asked about what his children felt about he being an actor…

I just connected with this words….and that’s what I want from the man who will be my husband whoever he is……..that he choose me for what I am….what rhythm is….and not for anything else…had read somewhere “many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl” I certainly don’t want that to happen with me….he better be able to see within my mind and heart n not just the surface…

Somewhere I read “u don’t fix a man like a leak in the roof ….you accept him as he is or you don’t accept him at all “ had read it in one of the novels…this was the advice given by a dad to his daughter in the book…..this is so true….we should be able to accept the man or woman in our lives just as they are…..

in all the other relationships we do this…be it brother sister…child parent…between friends….our love does not change for the person….and nor do we expect the individual to change….we don’t have any preconditions……sure we tell what we want them to do….but if they don’t do our love does not change….we love the person as they are…for what they are…inspite what they are…

this is what we shd try to achieve in husband wife / girlfriend boyfriend relationship too…after all there must have been something in that person that you liked enough to choose him /her as your life partner…and when u chose him /her u didn’t think if this n this cud be changed it wud be perfect….or there r minor problems which I m ready overlook………when u chose the person coz u cud not imagine life without him /her….so then if the person is that good that u could not live without him , when he is in your life why do we not see the positives instead we bang our heads against wall in trying to change minor stuff…coz had there been major incompatibilities u wud not have chosen him only na….or u start doubting your own intelligence once the person is in your life in choosing him as life partner ???

In short all m trying to say is appreciate the person in your life for all the good things in that person….the minor flaws will take care of themselves……n even if they dont heck they are MINOR right :)

Comments

“many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl”
Thats true :D

And the advice given by Dad in Novel is also so practical for all relations.

Thanks for sharing.
thanks for letting me know your opinion...it feels good to know what others think about what i write...
u welcome